From: Thorsten Ottosen (tottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-17 09:06:52

Stefan Slapeta wrote:

> hi,
>
> I've looked into this now. I don't know where it originally comes
from (because Intel seems not to print the whole instantiation stack),
but the 'Array' type in list_of line 157 is const which is of course not
desirable for the local temporary array.

> So, the attached fix *would* fix the problem for intel but it gives
no answer why there is a const type with this compiler.

> Any thoughts?

A compiler bug?

> instantiation of "Array
boost::assign_detail::converter<DerivedTAssign>::convert(const Array *,

> Array=const boost::array<boost::array<int, 3U>, 3U>]" at line 129

This doesn't make much sense. so the argument to convert should be of type

const const boost::array< .... >

? :-)

> - Array ar;
> + typename remove_const<Array>::type ar;

Applied as follows:

#if BOOST_WORKAROUND(BOOST_INTEL, <= 900 )
             BOOST_DEDUCED_TYPENAME remove_const<Array>::type ar;
#else
             Array ar;
#endif

Is that the right version number?