From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-19 08:50:58

On 12/19/05, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> My thinking was that there might be different C libraries available on
> Sun,
> and I was trying to use __GLIBCXX__ to differentiate. But you are probably
> right, so I'll make the change. In any can we are talking about an
> optimization, so turning it off does no functional harm (although it may
> impact performance).

The __GLIBCXX__ macro is only used for the C++ library, not the C library.
If you want to check for the presence of the GNU C library, the macro to use
is __GLIBC__. So perhaps the test should be:

    if !(defined(__sun) && !defined(__GLIBC__))

Looking at the manual pages and header files, it doesn't seem that there is
any way to "enable" dirent.d_type with Sun's own C library.

Good to finally see this code on the TRUNK!

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com