From: Esther Schindler (esther_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-20 12:30:02

>> Informit has several articles related to Boost, many of which are
>> much newer than listed on the boost reference page. To whom should I
>> send a list?
>
> You can send the list of references to this mailing list.

How the Boost Bind Library Can Improve Your C++ Programs
By Björn Karlsson.
Aug 26, 2005.
The existence of a generalized C++ binder is a tremendously useful
tool when it comes to writing terse, coherent code. It reduces the
number of small function objects created for adapting functions/
function objects, and combinations of functions. Although the
Standard Library already offers a small part of the functionality
found in Boost.Bind, significant improvements can make Boost.Bind the
better choice. In this sample chapter from Beyond the C++ Standard
Library, you'll learn about Boost.Bind's powerful functional
composition features, which provide programmers with great power
without negative effects on maintenance.
http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=412354

Adding an Easy File Save and File Load Mechanism to Your C++ Program
By Jeff Cogswell.
Jul 1, 2005.
Why waste your time figuring out an algorithm for storing things in a
file? And why spend time debugging the code? Let the Boost library do
it for you. Saving your data to your own custom-made file formats is
easy with the help of the Boost serialization templates. Jeff
Cogswell shows you how to save the data and read it back in with ease.
http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=398702

An In-Depth Look at Metafunctions in C++
By Aleksey Gurtovoy, David Abrahams.
 From the Book -- C++ Template Metaprogramming: Concepts, Tools, and
Techniques from Boost and Beyond
Apr 1, 2005.
This chapter looks at a practical example from science and
engineering that can find applications in almost any numerical code.
Along the way, you'll learn some important new concepts and get a
taste of metaprogramming at a high level using the MPL.
http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=375705

--Esther

P.S. I'm happy to assign articles about boost (or about anything to
do with C++). And yes, I do pay for articles. :-) Contact me
privately if you're interested.