From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-20 17:41:41

Hi Simon,

--- simon meiklejohn <simon_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I also coded up some tests of my own, and found the facilities
> were generally easy to follow and complete.
> (A minor niggle with the API was the order of parameters in
> async operations - i.e. with flags preceding the Handler
> parameter, not allowing a default of 0 to be used for flags.)

I do want to keep the callback handlers last for consistency,
but I'll add an overload of these functions that leaves out the
flags parameter.

> I also couldnt see whether QOS was settable, a feature
> in use in media streaming libraries at my workplace.

Are the QoS settings configured using ioctl? My brief reading of
MSDN would indicate so on Windows. If this is the case, then a
new implementation of the IO_Control_Command concept could be
added for this, which can then be passed to
basic*socket::io_control. If you'd like to suggest what
interface it needs (or, even better, create an implementation!)
I'll look at adding it. BTW, is this an OS-specific thing?

Cheers,
Chris