From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-21 05:34:43

Hi Dave,

--- Dave Moore <jdmoore99_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Also, do you know of any explanation for the discrepancy
> between sync and async timings with the epoll reactor posted
> by Caleb Epstein?

Once I get the custom allocation stuff finished I'll do some
profiling. Some possibilities include that it currently makes
two allocations per operation (once for the reactor and once for
the post() queue) or that it makes more system calls (epoll_ctl,
epoll_wait and read rather than just read). However it's
probably unwise to guess in the absence of profiling data :)

Cheers,
Chris