From: Alex Besogonov (cyberax_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-28 02:14:26

Vladimir Prus wrote:
>> This optimization will make boost::function _much_ faster - in one of
> How much faster, exactly? Recently, in a thread "[signal] performance" I've
> posted a small benchmark that finds boost::function to take 4 times more
> time that call via function pointer -- which, IMO, is pretty fast.
I don't have any problem with boost::function speed of invocations
(though FastDelegate is two times faster).

> Can you use that benchmark to obtain speedup for your optimization?
>> our project boost::function is responsible for 15% of the whole
>> processor time.
> I find it pretty strange, can you clarify how it's possible. How did you
> measure the time spend in boost::function?
In our application we need to create lots of short-lived boost::function
objects, so time for dynamic allocations performed inside
boost::function's constructor really matters.

--
With respect,
             Alex Besogonov (cyberax_at_[hidden])