From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-31 02:49:51

Hi Dick,

--- Dick Bridges <dbridges_at_[hidden]> wrote:
<snip>

> Suggestion1: a little syntactic sugar that provides the
> ability to reset() an un-expired deadline_timer "atomically"
> without going through the cancel()/expires_from_now()
> sequence.

I'll have a think about how this might work. Maybe it's as
simple as having the expires_at()/expires_from_now() setters
always cancel associated timers (although that may have a
performance cost), and have them return the number cancelled (as
cancel() does).

> Suggestion2: SCTP support? It's about to appear in both
> Windows and Linux and VoIP and/or streaming multimedia will
> probably make it fairly important in the next couple of years.

I only know a little about SCTP, so contributions are welcome :)
I'm guessing it would take the form of an sctp class (similar to
asio::ipv4::tcp), sctp::endpoint, and a new seqpacket_socket
class.

Cheers,
Chris