From: Giovanni P. Deretta (gpderetta_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-01 15:30:19

Rene Rivera wrote:

> The changes Giovanni mentions are what I was expecting in the first
> place :-) So I would also like to see such an arrangement. Perhaps I
> should go look at Giovanni's library even if it is only sync.

It is available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/libstream (the
homepage is libstream.sf.net). The available download is old and will
not compile on recent versions of gcc. You should download the cvs
version. In the homepage, you will find an use example and a link to a
paper describing the library. Unfortunately there is no other
documentation available (i've never gotten around writing it). Some
documentation can be generated with doxygen, but it is highly
incomplete. If you want to take a look at some examples, look inside
lib/stream/test.

I've not updated the library recently, but in the next two months, i
will probably do some changes (because of a project i need to finish
that uses the lib). I will probably end up using boost::asio for the
low level stuff.

The biggest difference to asio is that i do not encourage developers to
use the {read|write}_some functions (even though they are available),
but instead i provide input and output iterators and buffered streams
that can be used with my version of the standard algos. Many
optimizations are not yet implemented though (like input and output
iterators with multiple object-per-asignment support).

Hope it is useful.

PS: happy new year to everybody!

---
Giovanni P. Deretta