From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-04 12:24:13

On 1/3/06, Howard Hinnant <howard.hinnant_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> http://groups.google.com/group/codewarrior.mac/browse_frm/thread/efb176352c161b08/0faec33468b1d6bd?lnk=st&q=insubject%3Aworld's+insubject%3Asimplest+author%3Ahinnant&rnum=2&hl=en#0faec33468b1d6bd
>
> (some day I'm going to have to start using tinyurl (or whatever it is)).

I'll help out: *http://tinyurl.com/dyz6t*

(It is really easy to add a TinyURL button to your browser's toolbar. See
http://tinyurl.com/#toolbar)

The above is just an overloaded new using hash_map<void*, mem_info,
> malloc_allocator<appropriate pair> >. (map could just as easily be
> used).

I've also had good luck with the Google "perftools" package (
http://goog-perftools.sourceforge.net/) for profiling code execution and
memory usage. Their "TC Malloc" library can be used without re-compiling or
re-linking (via LD_PRELOAD on Linux). It will dump a profile of heap usage
for every 1 GiB allocated and/or every 100 MiB of heap in-use. These
parameters can be tuned programattically or by re-compiling their library.

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com