From: Deane Yang (deane_yang_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-05 11:20:34

João Abecasis wrote:
> Bjam looks for a file named boost-build.jam, starting at the current
> directory and going up in the directory hierarchy. It also looks at the
> paths pointed to by the environment variables BOOST_BUILD_PATH and
> BOOST_ROOT. (I'm not sure about the order of these options)
>
> You must do one of the following for bjam to find your Boost.Build
> installation:
>
> * run bjam inside the boost tree
> e.g. /Users/daryle/Boost-1.33.1-from-a-ZIP
>
> * set up the environment variable BOOST_BUILD_PATH (or BOOST_ROOT)
> to point at the root of the boost tree:
> BOOST_BUILD_PATH=/Users/daryle/Boost-1.33.1-from-a-ZIP
>
> * set up the environment variable BOOST_BUILD_PATH to point at the
> root of the Boost.Build hierarchy:
> e.g. BOOST_BUILD_PATH=/Users/daryle/
> Boost-1.33.1-from-a-ZIP/tools/build/v2

Another possibility---the one I use---is to put a file called
"boost-build.jam" at the top of your directory tree (containing anything
that needs to be bjammed) containing a single line:

boost-build vendor/boost/tools/build/v2 ;

(Replace "vendor/boost/tools/build/v2" by the appropriate path for your
boost installation)