From: João Abecasis (jpabecasis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-06 04:44:38

Daryle Walker wrote:
> (That's one line, BTW.) Now I get a different result when I run "bjam" from
> my home directory:
>
> //========================================================================
> error: Boost.Jam version 3.1.12 or later required

Aha! Great news! Now that you've managed to have bjam to find your build
system, this one looks easy...

Boost.Build v2 from CVS is still a bit of a moving target, requiring
that you recompile bjam at times. Right now the latest precompiled
version of bjam is v 3.1.11, which should work fine with the build
system from Boost 1.33.

... double-checking ... ok!

You can either edit your boost-build.jam or BOOST_BUILD_PATH to point at
Boost 1.33 or recompile bjam. You'll find instructions for the latter at
<http://tinyurl.com/dj9tt>, hopefully it can be as simple as

> cd $BOOST_ROOT/tools/build/jam_src/
> ./build.sh gcc

(for the record, there's also a build.bat for windows; the link above
contains a list of additional toolsets you may use with each script)

A fresh version of bjam will emerge in bin.<platform> (for me it reads
bin.linuxx86). Copy the newly built bjam over the previous version and
you should be all set.

[snip]

> At least I'm closer than before....

I think you are ;-)