From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-06 23:42:39

Deane Yang wrote:
> Daryle Walker wrote:
>
>>How do I activate the clean target? Neither "sh ./build.sh clean" nor "sh
>>/build.sh darwin clean" worked. I want to do this so later CVS updates
>>won't detect the building files (and report them as unregistered).

"sh ./build.sh --update clean" should work. Or if you already have a
bjam compiled "bjam -f build.jam --toolset=darwin clean".

>>Will this script always create a "bjam" file blindly, or will it do
>>dependency checking and only build as necessary? I need some way to do the
>>latter.
>
> This is a good question that I'll leave to the experts.

"sh ./build.sh --update" is just for that, it's meant as a development
option so that during changing and testing the bjam code it doesn't go
rebuilding all the time.

> In particular,
> is it a bad idea to have a Jamfile or Jamfile.v2 (or both) in the
> jam_src directory that includes a clean target? This would allow you to
> rebuild using bjam itself.

Yes it's a bad idea, as it just gives the wrong impression of what can
be done, and it's just more files. And of course you can do the
incremental build already as above :-)

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything