From: Tompa (tompa1969_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-13 10:18:42

Christopher Kohlhoff <chris <at> kohlhoff.com> writes:
> Using gethostbyname on Windows, for example, also
> resolves NetBIOS names, and asio should provide identical
> behaviour to the platform's own host resolution functions.

Please take note that the gethostbyname function has been deprecated by the
introduction of the getaddrinfo function on the Windows platform!

I have not checked into your code, but what is Asio's default mechanism for
resolving hostnames - will it spawn and asynchronously use a new thread or will
it resolve the hostname synchronously in main thread?

/Tompa