From: Daniel Jahre (daja_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-14 15:57:52

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 21:07, Martin Wille wrote:

> > With gcc4 these linker errors vanished, but I figured out that there
> > are hardcoded depencies on libicu even when the build system claims
> > that it has switched ICU off.
>
> That one surprises me even more. Boost was tested in ICU-less
> environments without the problems you report here.

I have no idea on which platforms these tests were made. On Linux I can
reproduce this error, so perhaps someone wants to give it a try.
I still have the complete log on
http://lospalmos.net/boost-logs/boost-gcc-4.0.2.log
fo those who need complete build logs for error detection. Since boost uses a
build system of its own I do not have the time to debug these builds scripts.

Cheers,

Daniel