From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-14 21:38:43

"Tobias Schwinger" <tschwinger_at_[hidden]> wrote

> 1.)[
>
> With MSVC8 I have to explicitly #define BOOST_TYPEOF_COMPLIANT in order to
enable
> the type 'void' to be registered.
>
> A bug?

Yes. There is some inconsistency between how the library uses two defines:
BOOST_TYPEOF_COMPLIANT and BOOST_TYPEOF_EMULATION. One of them (I think
BOOST_TYPEOF_COMPLIANT) needs to be removed. I will fix it sometime soon.

> 2.)
>
> Shouldn't there be a forwarding header in the boost directory so the user
can

> #include <boost/typeof.hpp>
>
> instead of
>
> #include <boost/typeof/typeof.hpp>
>
> ?

I am not sure who makes the decisions like this.

> 3.)
>
> There are numerous tab-characters in the source (not that I care much, but
while
> we're at it)...

My editor is currently setup to insert spaces instead of tabs, but we
probably have some left from the past. I'll fix this.

Regards,
Arkadiy