From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-15 15:49:04

On Jan 15, 2006, at 11:15 AM, Edward Diener wrote:
> I would be careful using FastDelegate as an adjunct to Boost
> function/bind. It is very dependent on knowledge of compiler member
> function pointer sizes and uses "hacks" based on that knowledge to
> achieve its speed. Boost should try to stay clear of low-level
> compiler
> dependent knowledge whenever it can, sacrificing a little extra speed
> for greater stability.

If we do something like this, we'll do it very carefully... only
enable it with compiler versions that we know work, add some tricky
tests to the test suite to be absolutely sure, etc. If provided, I'll
review and consider patches for FastDelegate-like support in
Boost.Function. However, I'm not at all interested in doing the
development work myself.

        Doug