From: Sebastian Redl (sebastian.redl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-16 06:33:26

Maciej Sobczak wrote:

>2. A plug-in architecture for backends, which allows to target various
>database engines by simply linking with the chosen backend.
>Currently, the following database engines are supported (through their
>respective "native" interface):

The library looks very nice, and I might spend more time with it in the
near future.
I have one main question: what, if any, are the facilities of SOCI to
hide database-specific details, or how could the current design
accommodate such facilities?
For example, if I were to write a MySQL backend, there are several
differences in regards to datatypes from Oracle and the relatively easy
portable PostgreSQL.

Sebastian Redl