From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-17 15:24:50

David Abrahams wrote:
> Tobias Schwinger <tschwinger_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:
>>>What's T?
>>
>>/I/ don't know what T really is (MSVC won't tell me) ;-).
>

> have you tried instantiating an un-defined template on T?

The only problem left is: if add code to deduce the type (to instantiate a
template on it) I still won't know what the type was in the context the compiler
failed to deduce from for absolutely non-obvious reasons ;-).

> template <class T> struct unknown;
>
> then instantiate
>
> unknown<T>
>
> or instantiate boost::mpl::print<T> if this could happen any number of
> times, to avoid stopping compilation.

Interesting! Never noticed mpl::print before... It must be either new or
undocumented...

Thanks,

Tobias