From: Sebastian Redl (sebastian.redl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-18 20:37:30

Hi,

It's easy to sort a container of std::strings lexicographically. Just
sort it - string's < operator takes care of things.
But what if I wanted to do a case-insensitive sort? There's no predicate
for case-insensitive comparison in the standard library, so I turned to
the next logical place: Boost's string algorithm library. But while
there's iequals, I couldn't find iless.
It seems to me like this predicate would be quite useful.

Yes, I know how complicated full-blown Unicode CI sorting can be. I read
Sorting It All Out. But I think most people are looking for something
simpler anyway.

Sebastian Redl