From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-19 03:17:02

Bruno Martínez ha escrito:

> On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 18:01:00 -0200, Maxim Yegorushkin
> <maxim.yegorushkin_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> > The most common use cases for intrusive containers are:
> >
> > * when one would like to store non-copyable elements in a container
> > * when it's beneficial to avoid needless data copy in performance
> > critical
> > applications
>
> For me, it's the ability to get an iterator from a pointer.

Leaving aside the extra benefits intrusive containers can bring in,
the ability of getting an iterator from a pointer to the element is
implementable for regular multi_index_containers --matter of fact,
this feature is internally used in the preview 1.34 version of
Boost.MultiIndex I announced yesterday.

* What is the envisioned application scenario for this feature?
* Would you advocate having it in Boost.MultiIndex?

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo