From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-20 04:43:26

dan marsden wrote:
> --- Arkadiy Vertleyb <vertleyb_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> As for structure, how about consistently placing the
> typeof headers in a directory beneath the file they
> support. So for a file:
>
> boost/a/b/c.hpp
>
> The corresponding typeof support would be in:
>
> boost/a/b/typeof/c.hpp

A single-rooted approach might still be better:

   boost/a/typeof/boost/a/b/c.hpp

or even (although Arkadiy pointed out it would be less CVS-friendly)

   boost/typeof_support/boost/a/b/c.hpp

Now I could switch my include path to contain boost/a/typeof or to
boost/typeof_support respectively and thus enable typeof support for lib a without
changing my source code (as suggested by Andy elsewhere in this thread).

Of course this would require us to

   #include <../../../../b/c.hpp>

or

   #include <../../../a/b/c.hpp>

from within */typeof*/boost/a/b/c.hpp.

I've no idea whether this is acceptable or not. But we should probably spend a few
thoughts on it.

Regards,

Tobias