From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-20 17:42:59

"Tobias Schwinger" <tschwinger_at_[hidden]> wrote

> Say I have an existing project and want to start using Typeof. There might
me a
> lot of already-written source code and I'd have to change all the includes
therein
> that refer to the libraries I want Typeof support for.
> As an end user, I would definitely prefer changing my include directory
over
> changing all the includes (especially considering your own point that the
Typeof
> library is only a temporary solution).

OTOH, it doesn't seem very likely that somebody would need such a global
one-time switch to typeof support. Most likely typeof is going to be
introduced gradually, as new features are added, and the old ones are
re-factored. In such case changing the include dir would cause undesirable
rebuild of the whole project. It's easier to imagine the global backward
switch from typeof, though...

> The situation becomes even more delicate if I use a library that in turn
uses a
> some part of Boost. Now I can either go through the foreign code and
figure out
> what needs to be included or include Typeof support for the whole part of
Boost my
> library depends on.

Can the registration headers mirror dependency structure of the original
files, such as:

boost/<LIB>/h.hpp

#include "boost/<LIB>/h1.hpp"
#include "boost/<LIB>/h2.hpp"