From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-21 12:49:03

>> Everything's works if
>> - compiling with GCC, or
>> - none of the source files includes boost/filesystem.hpp.
>>
>> The link settings are
>>
>> <threading>multi <link>static <runtime-link>static
>>
>> Here are the symptoms:
>>
>> boost_filesystem-vc80-mt-sd-1_34.lib
>>
>> is built, but linking fails because
>>
>> ... cannot open file 'libboost_filesystem-vc80-mt-sgd-1_34.lib'
>>
>> . Adding
>>
>> <runtime-debugging>off
>>
>> to the link settings changes error message to
>>
>> ... cannot open file 'libboost_filesystem-vc80-mt-s-1_34.lib'
>>

>> I'm using Boost.Build V2. There is an example project that shows the
>> problem attached to this post (note the path to Boost in
>> 'project-root.jam' needs manual adjustment).

I believe this is a bug in bbv2: I complained about this a while back and
just got a message that it hadn't been implemented yet. The problem is that
bbv2 is mangling the library filenames in a manner differently to bbv1, and
documented in our getting started guide.

You may want to turn autolinking off by defining BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB when
compiling until someone fixes this in bbv2.

John.