From: Martin Bonner (martin.bonner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-24 05:07:56

> (Speaking boost-wide, I note that
>
> warning C4127: conditional expression is constant
>
> is very common and I cannot conceive of when it could possibly be
> helpful.

It is the sort of thing that is /very/ useful in the first pass of
compiling ones own code - but is a real pain for libraries like boost
that need to choose between implementations depending on platform
characteristics.

> Also
>
> warning C4800: 'int' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false'
> (performance
> warning)

Yup. I *hate* that one. I really wish they would remove it.

--
Martin Bonner
Martin.Bonner_at_[hidden]