From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-24 13:34:28

"David Maisonave" <dmaisonave_at_[hidden]> writes:

> "Caleb Epstein" <caleb.epstein_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> On 1/24/06, David Maisonave <dmaisonave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Since the current smart_ptr (policy_ptr) class at boost vault is on
>> > hold, I like to propose adding the following smart_ptr class to the
>> > boost library: http://code.axter.com/smart_ptr.h
>>

>> You can propose your class(es) for review, but you will need to
>> provide documentation and unit-tests if you expect your code to stand
>> a snowball's chance of being accepted into Boost.
>>
>> See http://boost.org/more/submission_process.htm for some more info.
>>

> It does have unit testing code in the validation code that I previously
> posted.
> Since there's already example usage, and comments in the code, it
> wouldn't be that hard for me to pull it out, and put it into a formal
> document.
>
> I already have visited the submission link, and I just check it again,
> and I don't see where in the process the documentation should be
> developed.

That's not really part of the submission process. You don't need to
have documentation in order to gauge interest, but fewer people will
be interested if you don't have docs. You'd certainly better have
docs before you request a formal review. You are currently at the
second step of the process:
http://boost.org/more/submission_process.htm#interest

Regards,

--