From: Victor A. Wagner Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-26 01:33:15

At 22:30 2006-01-25, Robert Ramey wrote:
>Thomas Witt wrote:
> > I have doubts that we have the infrastructure in place that would be
> > needed for this. This might be different once we switched to
> > subversion.
>
>I'm quite sure we don't have the infrastructure in place. My motivation
>is to to start a discussion that might result in movement to such
>an infrastructure. The last cycle lasted from july (initial projected
>release date)

I thought someone originally said release on April 15.
btw, I notice we're planning on (again <sigh>) putting all the
release stuff on a "tagged branch" then _manually_ changing all the
regression test machines to test on the "release branch" with all the
chaos that attends.

I won't argue this time, I'll simply summarize. Leave the release
stuff on the HEAD branch and tell developers who want to mess around
with stuff that's NOT going to be in 1.34 to simply make their OWN
branch and go work on it.