From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-26 16:07:22

"Tobias Schwinger" <tschwinger_at_[hidden]> wrote
> Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:

> >>Without thinking about the macro interface for a moment it would be
technically
> >>possible, wouldn't it?
> >
> > Yes, I think it would.
>
> It's hot ;-).
>
> > Right now I am skeptical about the possibility to implement anything
> > readable, but you are welcome to convince me otherwise ;-)
>
> Well, after reading Dave's post I believe it might be possible to allow
>
> REG_SPEC((typename T),(std::set<T,std::less<T>,std::allocator<T> >))

Considering my previous post... we could probably make it:

REG_SPEC((typename),(std::set<P0,std::less<P0>,std::allocator<P0> >))

Where P0 stands for "the first parameter". We already use this techinique
in dependent template parameters. Then (typename) is free to use for other
purposes.

The above syntax is most attractive, but I think there will be a problem
specializing on a type that was calculated by the means of template
metaprogramming...

string -----------------/

> Anything that works with your taste among it?

All of them are much better than using ")(" :-)

> <by the way>
> Our list correspondence is often hard to read because our clients seem to
> disagree on where to break lines.
> I set the line width down to 80 characters (which I figure should be
acceptable
> -- it used to be 82 for quotes plus code) but the problem seems to
persist. Is
> there anything that you can do about it, perhabs?
> </by the way>

I also switched to 80 (was 50) -- let's see if it works...

Regards,
Arkadiy