From: nitin motgi (nitin.motgi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-27 18:48:36

On 1/27/06, Ion Gaztañaga <igaztanaga_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I would be glad if usual Shmem users could test it to see if there are
> portability problems, since I've tested it in linux/gcc-4.0.1
> winxp/vc7.1. This version includes since the latest stable version
> (2005-10-12):

When I tried to upgrade shmem 0.9 in vault I am failing to compile on
Cygwin using gcc 3.4.4 with the following error message.

e:/boost/boost_1_33_1/boost/shmem/shared_memory.hpp:585: error: there are no
arguments to `shm_open' that depend on a template parameter, so a
declaration of `shm_open' must be available
e:/boost/boost_1_33_1/boost/shmem/shared_memory.hpp:585: error: (if you use
`-fpermissive', G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an
undeclared name is deprecated)

I went a head and added the following two lines to shared_memory.hpp after
which I was able to compile.

int shm_unlink(const char*);
int shm_open(const char *name, int oflag, mode_t mode);

Thank you
Nitin Motgi