From: Thorsten Ottosen (tottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-28 17:15:58

Dear All,

I have been trimming boost.range to incorporate the changes we have been
discussing some time ago.

These changes will break many uses of the library. Inside boost this
will affect

Boost.foreach
Boost.string algo
Boost.iostreams (*)

(*) I don't this will break

The list of major changes is the follwing:

1. ADL hooks renamed boost_range_begin -> range_begin,
                      boost_range_end -> range_end

2. ADL hook boost_range_size removed; boost::size(rng) now requires
    RandomAccessIterators to guarantee O(1) complexity.

3. range_result_iterator renamed range_iterator and range_iterator
renamed mutable_iterator. The correct way to spell const_iterator<T> is
now iterator<const T>.

4. intrinsic string support removed. instead a header as_literal.hpp is
previded with a small utility for use in string algorithms.

I expect that (3) and (4) is where the most work lies.

If nobody has anything to add, will add the new version to the cvs
within a few days.

-Thorsten