From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-29 09:21:19

John Maddock wrote:
>>In Feb 2005 there was a discussion of boost::tuple lib being
>>replaced with a different more std::tr1 conforming version from
>>boost::fusion. What is the status of this change?
>

> No progress as such, as far as I know (at least as far as Boost.Tuple goes),
> however the TR1 lib is using the new tuple code behind the scenes.

That's not exactly true. There's progress! :)

Fusion is in the review queue. Some people say that we should just
go ahead and change the old with the new. However, fusion is too
big a departure from the original tuple library. There are lots
more sequences (e.g. vector/list/set/map), an extensive set of
views), there are algorithms and iterators, etc. I'd rather regard
Fusion as an entire new library of its own. The TR1 compatibility
layer is a mere fraction of its capabilities.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com