From: Victor A. Wagner Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-29 23:14:22

At 09:24 2006-01-27, you wrote:
>"Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > David Abrahams wrote:
> >> "Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> writes:
> >
> >> The lack of atomic changes to the trunk and to branches makes it very
> >> difficult to capture a point in time when everything is passing.
> >
> > Exactly - that's the problem.
>
>That is solved by SVN.

I wouldn't bet on it (well capturing the instant is how SVN works),
but it's irrelevant anyhow.
if you only "release" what on HEAD it doesn't matter than you cannot
synch w/ branches.
I've been saying for a little over a decade that dropping the "state"
from CVS was a mistake and this hammers it home more than anything
I've seen...but it's gone. One trusts that the Subversion folks
weren't as blind.