From: Pavel Antokolsky aka Zigmar (zigmar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-30 02:36:14

On 1/30/06, Andy Little <andy_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> "Hartmut Kaiser" wrote
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > normally, the review period of the Fixed Strings library written by Reece
> > Dunn ended today. All we got so far are 3 reviews, which is too less to make
> > a proper decision. I really would like to encourage you to submit a review
> > for this library to get a representative result. For this reason I'ld like
> > to extend the review period for another week until February 5th to allow for
> > more reviews. I'm convinced, that a Fixed Strings library would make a good
> > addition to Boost and in the end it should be useful to a lot more of people
> > than to the 3 of us who send in a review.
>
> A Fixed Strings library but this one? . What interests me is that the
> fixed_string library is way ahead as the top download in the Vault download
> list, but few reviewers have resulted. I feel the mystery can be explained
> by the reviews so far. looking through them we have all said pretty much the
> same thing.
For me personally, the reason I didn't submit any review, that I'm not
completely understand the purpose of the library. The documentation
(as few mentioned) lacks motivation and general description. So how
can I review the library, if I can't understand what the library is
trying to solve and how. I can't say for others, but for it is the
reason. I suggest that even if documentation can't be updated during
formal review, that the author will give a little more extended
explanation here, at mail list.

--
Best regards,
Zigmar