From: Ben Artin (macdev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-30 14:13:02

As far as I can tell, the version number passed into load_construct_data is not
actually useful. This conclusion is based (among other things) on the fact that
stack_construct (in serialization/detail/stack_constructor.hpp) always calls
load_construct_data_adl with 0U for the version argument.

This leads me to believe that in the current implementation if I specialize
load_construct_data for one of my classes, I can never change it later, as the
class version number from the input archive is inaccessible inside
load_construct_data.

Am I missing something obvious, or is it really the case that versioning doesn't
work for load_construct_data right now?

Thanks,

Ben

from my wish list: <http://artins.org/ben/wishlist>