From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-30 22:12:11

> AFAICS there seems to be strong support for moving gcc-2.95 and vc6 to
> "Marked Deprecated" and somebody needs to fight Alisdair over Borland
> (volunteers? any?).

IMO both gcc-2.95 and vc6 should be moved right were they belong in to
"Unsupported" group. These compilers really hold any further development of
existent libraries. As for Borland: for last year and a half I essentially
stopped porting anything for this compiler (in majority of the cases it's
just internal compiler assert I couldn't overcome) and just ifdef everything
out. It becoming more and more inconvenient, so I am all for deprecating it
and making it unsupported next release.

Gennadiy