From: Russell Hind (rh_gmane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-31 03:21:01

Loïc Joly wrote:

> While I hate this compiler, and I understand why maintaining it has a
> huge cost, I think that maybe for one of two years, this can still have
> some impact.

Can't people still working with this just use 1.33.x version of boost?
That won't suddenly stop working. The same goes for the other compilers
in the list. And yes, we use Borland 5.6.4 and so we've just been
proposed to be dropped, but given that some libraries already have
stopped supporting it, such as ublas, spirit (that ships with boost) and
it was also mentioned a while back that the new filesystem lib won't,
the we have trouble moving forward because we make use of these libraries.

Cheers

Russell