From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-31 03:46:01

> I personally don't see the problem in saying that in order to get VC6 (and
> GCC2.95) support for boost use version 1.33, and have VC6 be unsupported
> in
> version 1.34.

I believe this is very important point:

By saying that particular compiler isn't supported in release a.b we saying
just that. Anyone is free to use existent working version of the library for
this compiler. But for future development we do not want to support this
anymore. So we drop it from regression testing and get read of all
workarounds.
   Getting said that, my position is that there is no since anymore to
produce/support workarounds for the ancient compilers. We should just make a
clear break and move toward more conformant ones.

Gennadiy