From: Johan Nilsson (r.johan.nilsson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-02 08:30:00

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> "Jody Hagins" <jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 15:55:48 -0500
>> "Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>>> This release includes facility for interaction based testing. Is it
>>> something that would cover you requirements?
>>

>> I guess it depends on what you mean by that term. I'm not much into
>> the testing literature, so I do not fully understand "interaction
>> based testing."
>
>> From what you are describing in other post it's exactly what you
>> need.
>
> Look specifically on mock_object.hpp - facility that supposed to help
> create these mock/proxy objects.

[sorry for intruding]

Judging from the earlier description, I'd guess Jody meant "real" proxy
objects (something marshalling function calls across process/machine
boundaries). Of course, when testing code that uses these object/interfaces,
stubs would be the thing to use (or perhaps mocks, which I'm personally not
too found of). If I'm all wrong about this, sorry.

Anyway, you caught my attention. I checked the mock_object.hpp header and
also found a couple of usage examples under the 'examples' directory. What I
was missing though, was examples of setting up / checking the expectations -
did I just miss something or aren't they there (yet)? Any chance of having
this functionality documented for 1.34?

// Johan