From: Marcin Kalicinski (kalita_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-02 08:52:00

Hi Everybody,

I noticed a lot of warnings when I tried to build boost (version from CVS)
using vc-8_0 toolset.

The warnings are either because _SCL_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE was not defined and
library used some "unsafe" function, or because -Og compiler option was used
(this option seems to be deprecated in 8.0).

I understand that it is not possible to safeguard user code from warnings
caused by not defining _SCL_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE, but boost libraries cpp
files could be trivially fixed, so that they do not emit it during build.
These warnings look quite untidy and because there are zillions of them it
seems like the build is failing.

-Og option should probably be fixed in boost-build.

Is there a plan to fix it?

cheers,
Marcin