From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-02 14:09:36

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 12:29:43 -0500
Douglas Gregor <doug.gregor_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> We definitely need to know what's happening here. If Boost.Test is
> going to drop VC6 support, that's fine, but we need to know sooner
> rather than later. I have several libraries that will need to move to
>
> another testing infrastructure if Boost.Test drops support for older
> compilers.

I've been advocating for dropping ancient compilers for a while.
However, I think we should NOT just drop a compiler without notification
for at least one release cycle.

If we are sure we want to drop a compiler, decide on it now and
deprecate it for 1.34, then you can drop it in a subsequent release.