From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-02 14:17:05

> We definitely need to know what's happening here. If Boost.Test is
> going to drop VC6 support, that's fine, but we need to know sooner
> rather than later. I have several libraries that will need to move to
> another testing infrastructure if Boost.Test drops support for older
> compilers.

That's the crux of things isn't it? If Boost.Test drops support for older
compilers then none of us can test our libraries with those compilers unless
we reinvent Boost.Test like functionality.

Again I'd like add that I'd like this support retained, even if it's just
minimal legacy support (forwarding to a bunch of VC6 specific headers that
don't get any new functionality or bug fixes).

John.