From: David Maisonave (dmaisonave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-03 10:03:52

"Brian Allison" <brian_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> It's one thing to explain a design to
> other people who are already familiar with the topic (but not
intimately
> so), but explaining how to use a functional language interpreter to
someone
> whose programming expertise has been on-the-fly gawk scripting...
the design
> of both the language and the interpreter has to become far more
elegant than
> if I were explaining it to another person with my background. (Just
try
> explaining to someone who's used to Perl/gawk why the new script
language
> has no variables.)

I think one of the first things that should be determine, is the boost
doc target audience.
Just as newspapers normally target their audience to a certain grade
reading level, boost should also target a certain C++ programming skill
level.

It would be hard to measure or critique a support document, if you don't
know who you're targeting.