From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-03 15:49:53

> > 1. Which compiler should be considerred old/depricated/half supported?
>
> Discussion has centered around VC6.5, BCB and GCC2.95. Your
> recent workaround removals seem to only affect VC6.5, so this
> is probably the only compiler relevant wrt to Boost.Test support-dropping
> policy.

Actually all of them are subject to be deprecated/non supported.

> Now, if you drop support for VC6.5 and other oldies, and are *not*
> the last in abandon that ship (and right now you aren't the last),

I sitll couldn't understand what you all doing there.

> "Because the Boost Test Library is critical for porting and testing
> Boost libraries, it has been written to be extremely conservative in its
> use
> of C++ features, and to keep dependencies to a bare minimum."

It's still true, comparatively speaking.

Ok. Here is what I think I will do.

Starting release 1.34 Boost.Test *officially* stop supporting VC 6.5,
GCC2.95 and old Borland. Unofficially Boost.Test is required to make sure
that none of the test that are included in Boost regression testing are not
failing due to failure in Boost.Test. If regression testing is dropped for
any of above compilers it means that Boost.Test is not bound by any
requirements anymore.

How does this sound?

Gennadiy