From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-07 19:23:26

AlisdairM wrote:

>>I tried using const ref for U initially, but that gives ambiguity
>>errors.
>
>>This does not solve all problems, but seems a reasonable first step.
>
> In fact, it solves most the problems apart from the array and string
> cases, which I think are the familiar Borland pointer decay issues.
> Did these ever work with a previous version of for_each? If so, how
> did you solve pointer-decay issues then?

Wonderful. In fact, I don't think the elipses are needed at all, so a
better patch would be to simply replace the ... with boost::foreach::tag
and let overload resolution do its thing.

I know at one point, BOOST_FOREACH worked on Borland with arrays and
strings. I remember the pain, and see the vestigal work-arounds still in
the code. We can confirm with the version from November once CVS is back
up.)

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting