From: Pavel Vozenilek (pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-07 23:19:11

"Loïc Joly" wrote:

Pavel Vozenilek a écrit :

> I think we may be talking about two different use cases for test system:
>
> * one is to run them overnight, do a complete coverage, record
> everything, recover after errors
>
> * other is quick and dirty tool to test recently changed
> code directly from IDE, without need to touch makefiles
> or whatever else.

I'd like to introduce yet another scenario for boost::test:

* once a bug has been found, it is possible to exercise the test case
that exhibits the bug, and this test case only, until the bug is corrected.

There could be unwanted interdependencies
between tests.

I use random sorting of the tests before run
with ability to specify the seed manually
in case of such problem.

(I happens only /very/ seldom I need it.)

/Pavel