From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-08 19:11:46

David Maisonave wrote:
> "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> For what it's worth, I feel a little uneasy about the links myself.
>>
>> That said, I feel uneasy when I scrutinize any link style too closely
>

> Has any thought been put into using Doxygen to document both source-code
> and to create a web based help document?

A fair amount... It's already supported as part of the documentation
pipeline. To the point where it can be seamlessly integrated with
QuickBook and BoostBook documentation. And there are already a few
libraries that do just that. For example Boost.ProgramOptions library
has this in the Jamfile.v2 to build the docs:

===
import toolset ;
toolset.using doxygen ;

boostbook program_option : program_options.xml ;

doxygen autodoc
     : [ glob ../../../boost/program_options/*.hpp ] ;
===

The result of which you can see at
<http://www.boost.org/doc/html/program_options.html>.

> I wouldn't mind volunteering to document some of the other boost classes
> using the above method.

Help is welcome. You might have to directly contact library authors, by
posting a more prominent message, to get them to accept the help.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything