From: Stefan Slapeta (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-09 07:46:11

John Maddock wrote:

> I don't see any way around that unfortunately: the function call should be
> deduced to work OK: it does on EDG and gcc compilers, and ultimately all the
> possible implementations use either this method or the current one (or
> trivial variations). Is there any other way to work around the original
> problem?

I don't see any, either, as CW seems not being able to handle function
types at all here.

I'm also far from being an expert :-) : the auto_ptr test works well
with the original implementation if you remove const.
I'm just wondering: could someone give me an example where
is_convertible returns different results if a type is/is not const?

stefan