From: Persson Jonas (ext) (jonas.persson.ext_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-09 11:48:34

This would be a very useful addition to boost. I have written several myself over the years, but none of boost quality unfortunatly. Its one of those fundamental types you need all the time.
There is no strong connection between databases and uuids though; They are used in several other contexts as well. So I think it should be a freestanding library including the value class and the algorithms needed to generate them.
If you are willing to donate your code and possibly submit it as a boost library, I'll be happy to help out. so please upload what you have to the vault.

        / Jonas Persson