From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-12 12:42:16

David Abrahams wrote:
> Rene Rivera <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> Thomas Witt wrote:
>> It's always been available from CVS as a sibling directory/project to
>> "boost", as "website". So you can get it and make changes by doing a:
>>
>> cvs co user_at_[hidden]:/cvsroot/boost/website
>>

>>> More likely I missed something. Rene are we going to have a new homepage
>>> for 1.34?
>> I'm not sure it can be ready for the release without volunteers to fill
>> in the content (no one has volunteered yet).
>
> I don't really understand what that entails. Don't we already have
> website content?

The current website content is not fully translated to the new website
structure. Some one needs to go in and take the various documents, not
the library docs, and find a place for them in the new structure. Then
redact into XHTML (with the help of HTMLtidy) fixing any errors and
possibly rewrite some, etc. I've done that for some of the documents.
But I just don't have the free time to do it for all of them in the next
few weeks, or even months, to get the new site ready for the release.

In addition I have to do some live testing of the site on the SF servers
by taking over the sandbox website as a testing ground before attempting
to publish it as the Boost website.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything