From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-12 20:47:22

David Abrahams wrote:
> Rene Rivera <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> Because some of the existing docs may not make much sense in the new
>> structure. For example the getting started would need to get chopped up
>> as there's a download page (or they will be).
>
> Having recently prepared a "Getting Started with Boost" talk...

Yes, whatever you want to do in respect to the getting started docs is
fine by me. I was just pointing out an example of something that needed
more attention than just copy/paste/reformat.

>> There's probably more things like that, but I guess rewrite is too
>> strong of a word. Perhaps "editing" is more accurate.
>
> Not in case of the Getting Started stuff. With all due respect to
> your excellent efforts (which got many new users over the hump), it
> needs a major overhaul.

Yep. Couldn't agree more. Other pages may not need as much editing.

>> 9. Open the file in your browser and adjust the source as needed, fix
>> links, etc. WARNING: The header, sidebars, and parts of the footer will
>> not show up as they require running within Apache to get inserted by
>> SSI. That's OK, the style of the content should be accurate.
>
> If I run a Cygwin apache here, can I get a look at it?

Oh, yes. Just make a virtual server entry in the apache config to point
to the website location. Of course making sure the SSI module is enabled
in the apache config. I personally run the standard Apache standalone
Windows server, plus php, locally. For example...

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName boost.borg.redshift-software.com
        DocumentRoot "/DevRoots/Boost/website"
        <Directory "/DevRoots/Boost/website">
                Options MultiViews Includes ExecCGI FollowSymLinks +Includes
                AllowOverride All
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>