From: Nicola Musatti (nicola.musatti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-15 04:25:42

On 2/14/06, Zara <yozara_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [...]
> I am helping Niciola in his effort, and I have already compiled
> <libst/config/test/config_test.cpp>, by changing one line in
> <boost/config/user.hpp>, it now looks:
> #define BOOST_COMPILER_CONFIG
> <boost/config/compiler/borland_5_8_1_hpp>

This will have to be integrated to the standard borland.hpp file, though.

And the starting with an empty compiler configuration, I have been
> able to detect that the following defines are needed:
> BOOST_NO_FUNCTION_TEMPLATE_ORDERING
> BOOST_BCB_PARTIAL_SPECIALIZATION_BUG
> BOOST_NO_DEPENDENT_NESTED_DERIVATIONS
> BOOST_NO_IS_ABSTRACT
> BOOST_NO_MEMBER_TEMPLATE_FRIENDS
> BOOST_NO_PRIVATE_IN_AGGREGATE
> BOOST_NO_SFINAE
> BOOST_FUNCTION_SCOPE_USING_DECLARATION_BREAKS_ADL
> BOOST_NO_USING_DECLARATION_OVERLOADS_FROM_TYEPNAME_BASE
> BOOST_NO_USING_TEMPLATE

Unfortunately this set of macros appears to break things that currently
build and/or pass tests with bcbboost. I'm looking into it, but I'm not
convinced that we'll end up changing the current configuration.

The first interesting result is that BDS2006 contains both a
> conforming and a non-conforming swprintf. The non-conforming one is
> located in <stdio.h>, and it is the reason for previous versions of
> BCB to #define BOOST_NO_SWPRINTF.
>
> But with the inclusion of dinkumware library, ther is a conforming
> swprintf in <wchar.h>. But to get it to wotk, you must include
> <wchar.h> before <stdio.h>, so I have been forced to change
> <libs/config/test/boost_no_swprintf.ipp> to change the inclusion
> order.

But that's how it already is in the 1.33.1 distribution, isn't it?

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti